Tuesday, September 2 | 7:00 pm | Taylors Ministry Center
On September 2 Scott Park with Greenville County Planning
will present an update regarding the Taylors Community Branding they have been working on for many months.
We will also discuss more details about the Taylors Community Work Day on Saturday, September 20. They will be leading the building of a disc golf park at the Taylors Mill and, along with other organizations such as TreesGreenville, will make some other improvements to the entry way into this focal point of our community!
Help us spread the word about this meeting!
Welcome & MC: Alex Reynolds
Purpose of Meeting: Taylors TownSquare is a place for relationships to be made, to learn from and be inspired by others, and to find common goals for the Taylors community.
Agenda Items: Greater Greer Chamber of Commerce, Taylors Mill Properties Update, Taylors TownSquare, Inc. Update
1. Greater Greer Chamber of Commerce with Mark Owens
- Discussed the example of the Partnership for Tomorrow in Greer, people coming together to do good for the community. Sees a similar pattern in the formation of Taylors TownSquare
- 715 Member businesses located throughout the upstate of the Greater Greer Chamber
- They are the Greater Greer Chamber, not just the Greer Chamber. They seek to represent the entire area.
- They host close to 100 networking events per year
- Host two festivals per year: Greer Family Fest and Oktoberfest
- Exists to promote local business
2. Taylors Mill Properties Update with Kenneth Walker
- Question to Kenneth: How did you end up at the Taylors Mill?
- Started as a place for his electrical business, but saw the value of the historic building. Work thus far has only been possible through the tenants renting.
- Several New Renters: Ally Coffee, Savvy Restyle Market, WRK GRP, Gypsy Kitchen
- From aprox. 6 to 75 tenants in 2 years, with 10-12 on waiting list
- He brought pictures to show
- Introduced Heidi with the Savvy Restyle Market: Started as a store in Greer, the new space allows vendors to come and setup once a month to sell on First Friday Weekends. Expanding with a 15,000 square foot space. Open to anyone selling arts, crafts, repurposed goods, etc.
3. Taylors TownSquare, Inc.
We are currently in process of forming a 501(c)(3) compliant nonprofit corporation to operation the current Taylors TownSquare programming in addition to hopefully adding some new ventures. The corporation has not been formed yet, prospective board members were present and recognized.
Next Taylors TownSquare Meeting
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
7-8 pm | Taylors FBC Ministry Center (Old Post Office)
- "An Account of Taylors, South Carolina, 1817-1994"by Jean Martin Flynn has been reprinted! A special thank you to Ann Henson for all her time spent making this happen. If you would like a copy, they will be available for $15 at the Taylors FBC church office. Contact Alex Reynolds to arrange a time to pick up your copy.
- September 2 TownSquare meeting will be devoted to the Taylors Community Brand Reveal by Greenville County Planning. Contact Scott Park for more information.
- First Friday at the Taylors Mill, September 5, 6-9 pm
- Savvy Restyle Market at the Taylors Mill | September 5, 2-9 pm, September 6, 10 am-4 pm
- Taylors FBC Community Work Day to build Disc Golf Course, September 20, Contact Alex Reynolds
We hope you are having a wonderful summer! We’ve missed seeing you so we are especially excited about the August Taylors TownSquare meeting. We are looking forward to hearing from two influential community leaders:
Lunch is $8 per person and is payable at the meeting in cash or check made to Taylors First Baptist Church
Email Kaitlyn Ross to RSVP for Lunch by Monday August 11
Coming up this weekend!
Friday: 2-9 pm & Saturday: 10 am-4 pm
Come support the many local vendors showcaseing their goods at this market. The entrance is located in the Dock 2 area, just past Bryan Hiott Studios at the Taylors Mill!
The market is for vendors to sell their refurbished or repurposed items, such as furniture, purses, jewelry, art and more. - The Greenville News
Get directions to the Taylors Mill!
Do you know something going on in Taylors? Let us know!
Friday Night, August 1, there will be open studios at the Taylors Mill from 6 pm until 9 pm! There are lots studios open at the Taylors Mill, check out this map to see many of them! Due South Coffee will also be open!
Be sure to check it out this Friday night! Here’s how to get to the Taylors Mill
Do you know something going on in Taylors? Let us know!
This Saturday, leaving form Due South Coffee at 10:30 am
Have you ever wanted to find out what is inside the Taylors Mill? As part of the Hampton III Gallery Taylors Mill Exhibition, join owner of Taylors Mill Properties Kenneth Walker for this walking tour of the historic facility, listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The tour will look at the following spaces:
Due South Coffee Roasters
Appalachian Spirit Folk Instruments
Tessha Zimmerman Dickey
Mobili Farm Tables
Mike Vatalaro Studio
William Felton School of Crafts
Bryan Hiott Studio
Doug Young Studio
Be sure to support The Academy of Arts at the Logos Theatre’s production of The Venture of 1620 coming up in the next couple of weeks!
Get tickets here
From the Academy of Arts
The Venture of 1620 is the unbelievable, yet true story of the Pilgrims escape from religious persecution to the New World.
It will be performed as part of the Summer Drama Camp 2014 at the Logos Theatre, as well as in Plymouth, MA as a part of the 150th Celebration of the Forefathers Monument!
Logos Theatre Performances:
Friday, July 25 at 7pm
Saturday, July 26 at 2pm
Ticket Prices: General Seating: $20
Just wanted to drop a quick word… we are alive and kicking and gearing up for this fall, which is promising to be an exciting time in the Taylors Community. Be sure to have your calendar marked for August 13 at 12 pm for the next Taylors TownSquare meeting! Stay safe out there everyone! Have any questions? Email Alex Reynolds!
Coming up July 3-August 16
Be sure to plan to check out this exhibition of Taylors Mill Artists:
The show will featured events at the Hampton III Gallery (3110 Wade Hampton Blvd, Taylors) and at the Taylors Mill!
Find the full rundown of events, including studios hours, Coffee and Conversation Schedules, Tours, and more at the Hampton III Gallery Website!
Opening night: Thursday, July 3 from 7-9 PM at the Hampton III Gallery
View artist preview videos
From the Greenville News, Sunday, June 15:
A plan would create a path along the Enoree River linking Corey Burns Park and Taylors Mill.
An effort to transform Taylors into a walking community may soon come to fruition.
A roughly one-half mile trail would run along the Enoree River and connect Corey Burns Park and Taylors mill, according to Alex Reynolds, who is spearheading the project. Reynolds also is one of the organizers for Taylors TownSquare
Read the full article here.
Join us for our Taylors TownSquare Agenda Meeting as we look at the meetings for the fall and map out ideas for their content! We will meet this evening at 7 pm at Due South Coffee. Hope to see you then!
If you have any questions, please contact Alex Reynolds.